Friday, January 16, 2009



"Just as every sort of gem when cast in honey becomes brighter and more sparkling, so each person becomes more acceptable and fitting in his own vocation when he sets that vocation in the context of devotion. Through devotion family cares become more peaceful, mutual love between husband and wife becomes more sincere, the service we owe the prince becomes more faithful, and our work, no matter what it is, becomes more pleasant and agreeable." ~St. Francis de Sales. His feast day is January 24...(I think)


Prayer for My Life's Dream
Your dream, O Master, is to lay hold of me, to change me with your divine life.
Your dream is to purify me, to free me from my selfishness and my faults.
Your dream is to re-create me, to make me a new person in your image.
Your dream is to fill me with your charity, to make me love hte Father and all my brothers and sisters just as you do.
Your dream is to bind me to you with the closest bonds, to bind our hearts together as one.
Your dream is to make me strong, to impart to me your divine power, so that I can overcome evil and be constant in doing good.
Your dream is to enflame me with an untiring zeal to spread your kingdom in this world.
Your dream is to possess me in this life and in the life to come.
O Master, may your dream come true.
May I be able to give all that you ask of me.

No comments: