Saturday, September 22, 2007

Second day of the Novena to St. Therese

"Charity must not be hidden from the bottom of the heart" -St. Therese

Novena I-

O Eternal Father, in heaven You crown the merits of those who in this life serve You faithfully. For the sake of the most pure love Your little daughter, St. Theresa of the Child Jesus, had for you - love which binds You to give her whatever she desires - listen to the petitions which she offers up to You in my behalf, and hear my prayers by granting me the grace I ask.
(Optional: Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.)

O little St. Therese of the Child Jesus, who during your short life on earth became a mirror of angelic purity, of love strong as death, and of wholehearted abandonment to God, now that you rejoice in the reward of your virtues, cast a glance of pity on me as I leave all things in your hands.

Make my troubles your own - speak a word for me to our Lady Immaculate, whose flower of special love you were - to that Queen of heaven who smiled on you at the dawn of life." Beg her as the Queen of the heart of Jesus to obtain for me by her powerful intercession, the grace I yearn for so ardently at this moment, and that she join with it a blessing that may strengthen me during life. Defend me at the hour of death, and lead me straight on to a happy eternity. Amen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Novena II-

O Heavenly Father, Who to assure our advancement in the right path dost never cease to multiply the supernatural means of help which we need, and which Thou has divinely poured out upon Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus, we beg of Thee, through this Saint so dear to Thy Heart, all the graces of light and of fortitude necessary or helpful to fulfill Thine adorable will.

Thy grace ever went before Saint Theresa and Thou didst uphold her at each moment, for Thou didst give to her both to will and to do, and without Thee none can even utter the name of Jesus whereby we may be saved.

Father, shed abroad in our minds and hearts those graces won by the merits of our Savior and which Saint Theresa asks for us.

Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus upon whom so many divine graces were showered, we pray you to intercede with our Heavenly Father, so that through t he merits of our Savior and you merits, He may vouchsafe to give to our souls all the graces needful for the perfect fulfillment of our duty. Obtain for us the favors we crave and implore through your powerful intercession.
Amen.
from here and here.

No comments: