Monday, September 24, 2007

Third day of the Novena to St. Therese

Offer God the sacrifices of praise and thanksgiving. That is what Jesus asks of us. He doesn't need anything else from us." -St. Therese


Novena I-

O Eternal Father, in heaven You crown the merits of those who in this life serve You faithfully. For the sake of the most pure love Your little daughter, St. Theresa of the Child Jesus, had for you - love which binds You to give her whatever she desires - listen to the petitions which she offers up to You in my behalf, and hear my prayers by granting me the grace I ask.
(Optional: Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.)

O little St. Therese of the Child Jesus, who during your short life on earth became a mirror of angelic purity, of love strong as death, and of wholehearted abandonment to God, now that you rejoice in the reward of your virtues, cast a glance of pity on me as I leave all things in your hands.

Make my troubles your own - speak a word for me to our Lady Immaculate, whose flower of special love you were - to that Queen of heaven who smiled on you at the dawn of life." Beg her as the Queen of the heart of Jesus to obtain for me by her powerful intercession, the grace I yearn for so ardently at this moment, and that she join with it a blessing that may strengthen me during life. Defend me at the hour of death, and lead me straight on to a happy eternity. Amen.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Novena II-
O Heavenly Father, Who didst dispose the soul of Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus to ascend by such wonderful steps and didst make this lovable saint to rise from virtue to virtue, aiding her so admirably to practice humility, simplicity, patience, confidence, zeal and love, we beseech Thee to place in our hearts dispositions like to hers and to grant us to resemble her,
that we may hence become conformable to Thy Son Jesus,
our Model and the Divine Example of Thine adorable perfections.

These virtues are so needful for us, for without them we cannot be happy here below; without them we cannot gain for Thee the glory that Thou dost look for from us.

Vouchsafe, O Father, to help us to make these virtues ours. May Thy numerous graces joined to our generous efforts, bring forth, as in Saint Theresa, true and lasting virtue.

Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus who to please God ever Wonderfully grew in virtue each day of your life, obtain for us to resemble you and generously to practice those virtues of which you have left us such a beautiful example. Obtain for us the favors we crave and implore through your powerful intercession.
Amen.
from here and here.

No comments: