Wednesday, January 14, 2009


"It is not so easy as you may think to take the habit against your parents' wishes, for though you may be resolved to do so now, I doubt whether you are so holy as not to feel unhappy afterwards at being in disgrace with your father. The best way is to pray about the matter to our Lord and leave it to Him. He can change hearts and find means to bring it about." ~St. Teresa of Avila
Her feastday is October 15.


Prayer for My Vocation
Dear Heavenly Father, I believe that you are the Way, the Truth and the Life. You alone love me for who I truly am and for what I am able to become. Though I make repeated mistakes, you continually offer me new opportunities to grow every moment of the day.

Your Son lived the Way that I must choose is I'm to be transformed and to fully develop my potential. His Way is the only path that leads to true personhood.

Attuned to your Truth, Father, I am capable of leading a wholesome and worthwhile life. The depth of my service to others is dependent on my grasp of your Truth.

May your Spirit overflow into my life that I may have your Life to the full. Give me the strength and the courage to be all that I can be and not to settle for less.

Realizing that my life is a precious gift from you, may I integrate Your Way, Your Truth and Your Life, and make it my own. Amen.

No comments: