Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sixth day of the Novena to St. Therese

"Love is repaid by love alone" -St. Therese


Novena I




O Eternal Father, in heaven You crown the merits of those who in this life serve You faithfully. For the sake of the most pure love Your little daughter, St. Theresa of the Child Jesus, had for you - love which binds You to give her whatever she desires - listen to the petitions which she offers up to You in my behalf, and hear my prayers by granting me the grace I ask.


(Optional: Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.)



O little St. Therese of the Child Jesus, who during your short life on earth became a mirror of angelic purity, of love strong as death, and of wholehearted abandonment to God, now that you rejoice in the reward of your virtues, cast a glance of pity on me as I leave all things in your hands.



Make my troubles your own - speak a word for me to our Lady Immaculate, whose flower of special love you were - to that Queen of heaven who smiled on you at the dawn of life." Beg her as the Queen of the heart of Jesus to obtain for me by her powerful intercession, the grace I yearn for so ardently at this moment, and that she join with it a blessing that may strengthen me during life. Defend me at the hour of death, and lead me straight on to a happy eternity. Amen.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Novena II-


O Heavenly Father, Who bestowed upon the Blessed Virgin Mary the greatest and most precious graces and privileges, and called her to become the Mother of Thy Son Jesus also giving her to be our Mother, we beseech Thee through the intercession of Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus ever so faithful to honor this beloved Virgin, whose radiant countenance and gracious smile she one day beheld, to grant us too the inestimable favor of being the very loving children of this Holy Mother.




We need her maternal mediation, for this good Mother is the way that leads to Jesus, and she is the treasurer of all the graces that our Savior acquired for us by shedding of His Precious Blood.




We thank Thee, O Father, for having given us the Blessed Virgin to be our Mother, and our guide along our life's path, and we beseech Thee that, like Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus, we may be true imitators of her virtues: of her perfect humility, her immaculate purity, and her ardent love. We look to her for the greatest succor now and at the hour of our death.




Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus who ever manifested a great love for the One you named the Immaculate Virgin, and from whom you received so many benefits, we ask you to obtain for us the grace to imitate your tender devotion towards her and to help us to reproduce her beautiful and admirable virtues even as you yourself did. Obtain for us the favors we crave and implore through your powerful intercession.
Amen.
from here and here.

1 comment:

wrd113 said...

When I was 11 I was introduced to St Therese and I have prayed a novena for her intercession almost every day since. I am now 58. I am continually humbled that she would be there for me so many times throughout my troubled life. I was blessed to know her power before our Lord. She is, indeed, the "most powerful saint of Modern times." Thank you St. Therese for always being there for me.