Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Prayers to know one's vocation....





Prayer to Saint Joseph to Know One's Vocation
O Great Saint Joseph, you were completely obedient to the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Obtain for me the grace to know the state of life that God in his providence has chosen for me. Since my happiness on earth, and perhaps even my final happiness in heaven, depends on this choice, let me not be deceived in making it.

Obtain for me the light to know God's Will, to carry it out faithfully, and to choose the vocation which will lead me to a happy eternity.





Prayer to Know One's Vocation
Lord Jesus, up until now you have been quietly preparing me to be your disciple. Now the time of preparation is ending. I seem to hear you say to me as once to Peter: Will you also go away?" You were saddened then by friends who failed you. But Peter did not fail. "Lord", he said, "to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life."

I stand with Peter. Through prayer and counsel, show me, Lord, where it is in your vineyard that you want me to serve. Then give me strength to be faithful.

Mary, Mother and Model, help me to respond in generous love to the call of your divine Son.

picture from here!
both prayers from
here!

2 comments:

Micki said...

Hi C.T. - Thank you for sharing St. Joseph with us all. He is my favorite saint and he was my blog patron last year. Thank you for the Vocation Prayer....I will also pray for all of you. Keep up the great blogging.

Akalei said...

Thanks Ms. Micki!!! :-D