Monday, January 14, 2008

National Vocations Awareness Week





















Heavenly Father, Your divine Son taught us to pray to the Lord of the harvest to send laborers into His vineyard. We earnestly beg you to bless our Diocese and our world with many priests and religious who will love you fervently and gladly and courageously spend their lives in service to your Son's Church, especially the poor and the needy.
Bless our families and our children, and choose from our homes those whom you desire for this holy work. Teach them to respond generously and keep them ever faithful in following your Son Jesus Christ, that under the guidance of the Holy Spirit and with the inspiration of
Blessed Damien and Blessed Marianne, the Good News of redemption may be brought to all.
We ask this through Christ Our Lord.
Amen.

-Hawaii diocesan prayer for vocations


And another one for one's vocation:


Dear Heavenly Father, I believe that you are the Way, the Truth and the Life. You alone love me for who I truly am and for what I am able to become. Though I make repeated mistakes, you continually offer me new opportunities to grow every moment of the day.

Your Son lived the Way that I must choose is I'm to be transformed and to fully develop my potential. His Way is the only path that leads to true personhood.

Attuned to your Truth, Father, I am capable of leading a wholesome and worthwhile life. The depth of my service to others is dependent on my grasp of your Truth.

May your Spirit overflow into my life that I may have your Life to the full. Give me the strength and the courage to be all that I can be and not to settle for less.

Realizing that my life is a precious gift from you, may I integrate Your Way, Your Truth and Your Life, and make it my own. Amen.

Second prayer found here
Cy posted some more things about this week on her blog too :-)

No comments: