Saturday, May 5, 2007

The Doctor, the Scientist, the Priest, and the Boy Scout

A plane was about to crash. There were four people on board, a doctor, a scientist, a priest, and a boy scout. Unfortunately, there were only three parachutes. The doctor says, "I am a doctor, my patient needs me." Then he took a parachute and jumped off the plane. The scientist says, "I am not just an ordinary scientist, but also the smartest man in the world. I don't need a plane crash to be the end of my perfect, intelligent life." So he took a parachute and jumped off the plane. The priest turned to the boy scout and said, "You should take the last parachute. You are young and I have lived a long time. You should be allowed to live while you're still young." The boy scout shook his head, laughed, and said, "No need for that, Father. There are still two more parachutes for us." He rolled his eyes and smiled. "The scientist, or, as he said, the smartest man in the world, took my backpack."


One of my parent's friends told me this story. Besides teaching me to look before you do anything, it also taught me to be honest about yourself and not build up your pride. Otherwise, you have a long way to fall.

I hope you enjoyed it!!! :-)

No comments: