Sunday, October 14, 2007

Another quote...


Hehe, it's inspirational this time.
:-)

"Live in the grace and under guiding hand of the Holy Spirit. He is the one who works within my soul. The Father and the Son are with him. Never forget the Holy Spirit; he is the one who makes us holy."

"Live in union with God like Saint Paul: 'For to me to live is Christ' (Phil 1:21). Do everything for him, in him, with him. Love souls and do good works. May all mankind be saved! Always humility, patience, and faith. Mary help me!"


Both quotes are from the diary of the soul of Vernable Thecla Merlo, foundress of the Daughters of St. Paul. I picked them out in a book, Thecla Merlo, by Domenico Agasso. Another one to add to my favorite books list! ;-) Mother Thecla isn't a saint yet, but if she does make it to the list, I think she would make a very good patroness of those who did their best to be like saints, but aren't saints today yet. She did say practice humility! (yeah, I can see the relationship with her and St. Therese;-)) A friend of our family's let me read the book. Thanks so much! I really enjoyed it! (if you ever read this...)


The picture was taken from here.

No comments: