Friday, February 8, 2008

St. Josaphine Bakhita of Sudan



"Seeing the sun, the moon and the stars, I said to myself, 'Who could be the Master of these beautiful things?' I felt a great desire to see him, to know him and to pay him homage..... If I were to meet the slave-traders who kidnapped me and even those who tortured me, I would kneel and kiss their hands, for if that did not happen, I would not be a Christian and Religious today…" -St. Bakhita of Sudan


Beatified on the 17th of May, 1992, by Pope John Paul II and
canonized on the 1st of October, 2000, by Pope John Paul II at Saint Peter's Basilica, Rome, Italy

Prayer
O Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, we thank you for the gifts of humility and charity which you bestowed on Saint Josephine Bakhita Deign to glorify her for her singular virtues and grant the prayers of those who invoke her, Amen

No comments: