Saturday, February 23, 2008

Middle name meme

Thanks for tagging me, Mom! :-D

Rules:

1. You have to post the rules before you give your answers.
2. You must list one fact about yourself beginning with each letter of your middle name. (If you don't have a middle name, use your maiden name or your mother's maiden name).
3. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag one person for each letter of your middle name. (Be sure to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged.)


I was going to pick the shortest name, but I found out that both Charity and Therese have the same amount of letters.... But I've decided on doing Charity. :-)

Here it goes...

C- is for child of God! I like playing childlike and running around with all the little kids :-) I hope that I maintain my childlike faith too :-)

H- Have to attend two Masses tomorrow (Sunday), but I always do that almost every Sunday anyway.

A- Attending Mass makes my day even better.

R- reading a book that Archbishop Fulton Sheen wrote about St. Therese. :-)

I- I love to read and write about the saints. :-)

T- is for thoughts. Sometimes I get so lost in my thoughts that I don't really pay attention to what's going on... But I definetly try not to during Mass! :-)

Y- Yearning for and cherishing every moment or time that I have in front of the Blessed Sacrament.

I tag: Pueo, Kaila, Joey, Ms. Rubi, And anyone else who would like to play along! :-D

7 comments:

Pueo said...

thank CT!

Akalei said...

You're welcome! :-D

Rubi said...

Madre Santa!. . . I have no middle name. . . and my maiden name is "Martinez.". . . .I'll have to work a little to make this happen. Thanks for tagging me. . . I'll let you know when I've come up with something.

Kaila said...

Ok, I'll have to work on this. I love your proflie pix!

Unknown said...

SAVED BY GRACE:
Nearly 4 years ago I dropped into a black hole – four months of absolute terror. I wanted to end my life, but somehow [Holy Spirit], I reached out to a friend who took me to hospital. I had three visits [hospital] in four months – I actually thought I was in hell.

I imagine I was going through some sort of metamorphosis [mental, physical & spiritual]. I had been seeing a therapist [1994] on a regular basis (Family of Origin & EMDR), up until this point in time. I actually thought I would be locked away – but the hospital staffs were very supportive [I had no control over my process]. I was released from hospital 16th September 2004, but my fear, pain & shame had only subsided a little.

I remember this particular morning waking up [home] & my process would start up again [fear, pain, & shame]. No one could help me, not even my therapist [I was terrified]. I asked Jesus Christ to have mercy on me & forgive me my sins. Slowly, all my fear has dissipated & I believe Jesus delivered me from my “psychological prison.”

I am a practicing Catholic & the Holy Spirit is my friend & strength; every day since then has been a joy & blessing. I deserve to go to hell for the life I have led, but Jesus through His sacrifice on the cross, delivered me from my inequities. John 3: 8, John 15: 26, are verses I can relate to, organically.


He's a real person who is with me all the time. I have so much joy & peace in my life to day - after a childhood spent in orphanages. God loves me so much. Fear, pain & guilt are no longer my constant companions. I just wanted to share my experience with you (Luke 8: 16-17).

I, MICKY, AM THE HOLY ONE OF GOD.

Marie said...

What a beautiful Meme:) And what an inspiration you are:).

Peace & love to you:)

Marie xoxoox

Akalei said...

Thank you everyone! :-)