Thursday, February 7, 2008

A meme for Lent

Mahalo to Aunty Esther for tagging me! :-)


1. What’s been your best Lenten-effort-idea ever?

It was the same as Cy's and Aunty Esther's, but for a long time I haven't been reading any fictional books that I would read for my own pleasure.....So that idea isn't so hard now. :-) I guess mine would be to read more saint biographies, and more books like the Imitation of Christ, if I can find any.....and finish them before they get overdue! :-)

2. And your worst?

Assigning extra homework for myself.

3. What Lenten advice would you share?

Well, this is only what I think.....Lent isn't a time be gloomy. Sincere, yes, but not gloomy. Like in the Gospel for today it says, "Take up thy cross..." I once read in the Imitation of Christ (I forget where though) that the more you complain about your cross the more it weighs you down. But if you carry it with acceptance, gratefulness, and for the love of Jesus, the more it wouldn't be so hard. I don't think those were the exact words in the book though....

4. And what will feature this year?

If I can and if I remember, I am going to try help out in Church after Mass....like blowing out the candles, bringing items we used during Mass into the sacristy....That's one of the main ones, but most of them are a secret ;-)


I tag anyone who would like to do this :-)

1 comment:

Easter Almuena said...

Interesting answers CT! :-)
Love,
Mom:-)