Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Not giving up fighting for life!

I think the following song really fits the election for those who were voting for life... in my opinion anyway. It was composed by a group of three girls (siblings, and homeschooled!!!) who always base their songs on real meanings, not just weird ones that don't make any sense. It's kind of why they're one of my favorite singers. :-)

One More Round
by BarlowGirl

Round 1 wasn't how I thought it'd be
Round 2, I'm struggling to breathe,
3, 4, 5, 6, 7 times I wonder why I
stepped inside this ring.

I may be knocked down and so bruised
but I'm here to tell you
I may be knocked down, but not for the count...

So take me one more round
I'll just keep fighting
One more round
You're messing me up but I'm still here
One more round
I'll come out swinging
One more round
I'm telling you now I'm not going to lose it here.

It's so hard to get up off the floor again
But I know that victory is near,
I'm pushing through the pain that tries to feed me lies
that I won't reach the end.

I may be bloodied and so bruised
but I'm here to tell you
I may be knocked down but not for the count...

I am not defeated,
though you cannot see it,
I have never won a battle on my own.
I find strength in weakness
and find hope believing,
God is for me who can bring me down?

Even though I'm beaten up and hurt, you can't take me down, because God is at my side. You can knock me down, but I'll come back springing up. My body may be so tired... but not my will. I'm not giving up fighting for life! Don't let anyone knock you down, come back! Don't let them count your fall as a point! God is with us, who can take us down?

"The one who does things makes mistakes (sometimes). But the one who does nothing lives a continuous mistake." ~Bl. James Alberione

3 comments:

Marie said...

Who was it that said to paraphrase "it is not how many times you get knocked down that matters, what matters is that you get back up."

I have nominated your blog for an award hon check out my blog for details:)

Peace and love to you hon:)

Marie xooxo

TooShea Films said...

That's a great song and it does apply to the election. We just have to keep trying and never give up for the fight for life. :(

Amanda

Nice blog! :)

Cy said...

Hi sis, I'm going around telling some bloggers they're nominated...that includes you :P
:-D