Monday, April 28, 2008

St. Louis de Montfort



"How beautiful Our Lady was! How kind and motherly! If only people everwhere could come to know and love her!...As for the True Devotion--it could make saints of young and old; of good, bad and indifferent, just as he had always said. But how the Devil struggled to keep this fact a secret! How he schemed and plotted so that the True Devotion would be feared, misunderstood, shunned! Yet in spite of all his efforts there would always be childlike souls to discover the enormous power for good behind the words of the Act of Consecration to Our Lady...... I am all Thine, and all I have is Thine, O most loving Jesus, through Mary, Thy holy Mother..." -St. Louis de Montfort

Act of Consecration to Our Lady

I (name), a faithless sinner - renew and ratify today in thy hands, O Immaculate Mother, the vows of my Baptism; I renounce forever satan, his pomps and works; and I give myself entirely to Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Wisdom, to carry my cross after Him all the days of my life, and to be more faithful to Him than I have ever been before.
In the presence of all the heavenly court, I choose thee this day for my Mother and Mistress. I deliver and consecrate to thee, as thy slave, my body and soul, my goods, both interior and exterior, and even the value of all my good actions, past, present, and future; leaving to thee the entire and full right of disposing of me, and all that belongs to me, without exception, according to thy good pleasure, for the greater glory of God, in time and in eternity.

Amen.

He was canonized in the year 1947 by Pope Pius XII, and his cause for his declaration as a Doctor of the Church is being pursued.

Quote from the book, St. Louis de Montfort, The Story of Our Lady's Slave, by Mary Fabyan Windeatt, and prayer from here. Also, please be sure to visit Aunty Esther's blog and see the link about the total consecration to Mary!! :-D

No comments: